Friday

New Corners...

This photo was taken a few years ago, and I was obviously in the Haight-Ashbury district of San Francisco. While looking at the picture recently, I noticed my smiling expression looking in another direction. In that observation I had the epiphany that my expression in the photo actually mirrored my current state of mind: Standing on the corner at the crossroads of life and embracing the future with a smile and optimism. I haven’t always been wise enough to embrace that concept. Through my own various experiences of loss, such as jobs, relationships etc., I've been lucky enough to begin to understand the important aspect of cherishing and fully embracing those life changing experiences with a smile. After all, what's the use of wasting our precious energy on the past that we have no power over when we have a future to be happy about? We have the choice to be fearful and sad or the choice to feel free and optimistic. I feel extraordinarily fortunate in that there are always new corners to turn, which bring new and exciting experiences for adventure, happiness and growth.

“In the human heart new passions are forever being born; the overthrow of one almost always means the rise of another.” ~Francois De La Rochefoucauld

2 comments:

Melissa Blake said...

Hi -- thanks for visiting my blog! Yours is awesome! :)

Mortimer S Mortimer said...

Hoping I'm around your corner!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
ss_blog_claim=dca81ce95456a76534c3c5c451de91d4